Climate change effect along with social pressure and raising awareness, lead to international regulations more and more strict regarding greenhouse gases emissions (among the most important ones we find the MARPOL regulation from IMO) that are forcing maritime transport industries to reconsider their fuel supply options to reduce the emission to the atmosphere of CO2, NOx or SOx. In order to accomplish these goals, in Inova we believe that the solution that adjust the most given the current context is Liquefied Natural Gas.
Climate change problem
Besides the ones recently mentioned, we face the great number of differents characteristics and methodologies for the implementation of a larger use in this kind of fuel, due to separate and independent efforts from different organizations and companies.
Ports, institutions, companies and shipowners that wish to adapt or build from the ground equipment based on this fuel. Last but not least, another great beneficiary is society, given the improvement on the quality of the air and safety conditions that this technology ensures.
So as to unify the efforts in the definition of this technology, we’ve made a guide on the different aspects related to LNG, among them:
- LNG used properties.
- Characteristics of the instalations, either ports or receptor and supplier ships.
- Operations on port.
- Operation safety.
- Fire safety.
- Emergency procedures.
- People safety and health.
- LNG bunkering state-of-the-art in Spain and Europe.
- Documentation of different administrative issues regarding bunkering.
Thanks to all the projects we have made within this scope and the expertise acumulated, along with information research in the most suitable sources, Inova has been abl
OUTPUT The result of our effort in this project is a guide where we give advice about different features reagrding technology related to LNG, which turns out a greater agility in its development.
Did you know…
- Since 1958, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has been measured from an observatory on Mauna Loa, a volcano in Hawaii (http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=43182).
- Melting ice caps have caused sea levels in the north to rise. For the first time in hundreds of years, ships can pass through the fabled Northwest Passage.
- The world’s coral reefs are in the midst of a global mass die off. As of 2015, coral bleaching is impacted 40% of the world’s coral reefs, killing over 4,630 square miles of reefs. (http://www.nature.com/articles/srep38402).
- Energy Transition Business Area at Inova´s.